Best Used Trucks
Are you tired of borrowing your friend’s truck whenever you need to haul large items? Is your current car constantly getting stuck on dirt or unpaved roads? If so, it’s time to start considering your options for a used truck! There are many situations in life where you need a vehicle specifically designed to load and unload big items. Sometimes, you’d rather cart around certain items in a truck than make a mess inside your car. Everyone could use a good truck!
Buying used is almost always a better idea than buying new. Used trucks have wonderful value; you’ll definitely end up getting more bang for your buck. Most used trucks will drive reliably for years. Here are just a few reasons why you should consider a used truck, as opposed to a new model:
- Reduce your insurance costs and registration fees. A used truck has less “value” (market-wise) than a new one, which means that your insurance will undoubtedly cost less.There are even some elements of your insurance that can be dropped, such as collision and theft. In addition, the registration fee (the fee that states will charge you to register your car) is usually based on the car’s inherent value & transaction price. This means that buying used will result in less-expensive registration fees.
- Get a better deal. Did you know that, as soon as you drive a vehicle off the lot, the car instantly loses value? It’s true! You don’t want your vehicle’s value to plummet. That’s why buying a used truck makes so much more sense. It’s simply a better deal.
- Rest easy at night, knowing you bought a dependable vehicle. When a used truck or car has been properly maintained by its previous owner, you can count on its dependability. Used car and truck dependability has increased greatly over the past decade or so.
So, you’re convinced that buying used is the better deal. How do you decide which type of truck to buy? And what can you expect, pricing-wise? Don’t worry; PAACO’s got the inside scoop! To help you along in your decision-making process, we’ve compiled a shortlist of the best used trucks at affordable pricing. Here they are:
- 2003 Toyota Tundra. This ultra-reliable, sporty model is a fabulous truck — without the hefty price tag. The ‘03 Toyota Tundra is a great pick for virtually anyone.
- 2008 Ford F-150. If you know anything about trucks, then you’ve likely heard plenty about the Ford F-150. This is one of the best-selling vehicles in the entire country…which, of course, means that there are a ton of used models on the market today. If you’re looking to for a truly great used truck, the ‘08 Ford F-150 is one of your best bets.
- 2008 Ford Ranger. The ‘08 Ford Ranger is another one of those tried-and-true gems that truck owners continually rave about. Why? Because this model is compact, super dependable, and comes at a great price. The ‘08 Ford Ranger is a wonderful pick for just about anyone.
- 2011 Dodge Dakota. This mid-size truck has a variety of features that make it stand out amongst its counterparts. A Dakota in the Club Cab configuration has additional seating. It also comes with AC, a CD player, and 16-inch steel wheels — plus, a sizeable cargo bed. Not too shabby for a ‘11 model! The 2011 Dodge Dakota is definitely one of the best used trucks.
- 2011 Ford Ranger. Yes, we know we’ve listed a Ford Ranger on this list already, but we couldn’t resist including an ‘11 model as well! That’s because the 2011 Ford Ranger is an appealing option for those who prefer a basic, truly compact truck — with none of the frills, and all of the capability! This model has 15-inch steel wheels, vinyl seating, and a basic sound system, in addition to boasting a 2.4-liter four-cylinder mill.
- 2007 Nissan Frontier. The 2007 Nissan Frontier is a super popular pickup for a reason. This truck is a great pick for the off-roaders out there — with a V6 engine and a 6300-pound towing capacity, you can bring the Frontier along on as many unpaved roads as your heart desires. While the ‘07 Frontier doesn’t have much in the way of fancy amenities, its reliability and ability to carry basically anything make it a great choice.
- 2011 Ram Dakota. Last, but certainly not least, the 2011 Ram Dakota is a fantastic choice if you’re looking for an affordable and truly capable truck. The Dakota has incredible full-size capabilities, even though it’s technically considered a midsize truck. Most notably, the Dakota has been named the “Truck of the Year” a record five times by Motor Trend magazine — which should be enough to convince you!
These are the best of the best used trucks. But remember, it’s important to do your own research into each make and model. Each of these truck models are wonderfully-priced and fully functional. There’s likely one in particular that completely meets your needs. Your choice will really depend, of course, on what you will be using your truck for. Maybe you’d like a midsize truck with plenty of capacity for hauling around large items. Maybe you need a smaller, more compact model; or, maybe, you simply need a truck that will provide you with a great off-roading experience. Regardless, there’s one thing for sure: the used truck of your dreams is on this list, and PAACO is here to help you find it!
About the PAACO Used Truck Experts
If you’re seeking the best used trucks, look no further than PAACO! PAACO was founded in 1992 in Arlington, Texas. It wasn’t long before the company began to expand through East Texas, across the metroplex, and to Waco — thanks to our top-quality customer service, easy financing options, and wide-spanning inventory. We currently have several locations in various parts of the state. Here at PAACO, we’re proud to serve so many wonderful customers & communities throughout Texas.
When you choose PAACO, you don’t have to worry about your financing options. That’s because we provide in-house financing, no matter what your credit history looks like. You don’t have to rely on banks or third-party lenders. We believe that everyone deserves to have the used vehicle of their dreams, regardless of past financial difficulties. Once you’ve selected your used truck, applying for financing is super simple. You’ll fill out an application in-house, and we’ll work as fast as possible to help you secure your loan today!
We have worked very hard to achieve an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and we consistently aim to be the #1 choice for used car ownership. We consider it our mission to provide an exceptional inventory, affordable services and payments, and the best customer service around.
During your search for the best used trucks, you’ll likely have several questions — that’s what PAACO is here for! If you have questions or concerns that you’d like to discuss before purchasing your used truck, the PAACO team is here to help. We look forward to speaking with you and offering our assistance!