Car Buying Tips from Used Car Dealers
Are you preparing to buy a used car? If so, you’ll want to ensure that you’re getting the best deal possible! Luckily for you, the used car experts here at PAACO have rounded up some essentials tips for you to follow. Read on!
- Figure out your budget, and stick to it. This tip is absolutely crucial. Before you even begin the process of seeking out the used car of your dreams, you must set a budget! This way, you won’t be tempted to spend a lot more than you know you should. Decide beforehand what you can afford to spend — whether that’s from personal savings, the maximum monthly amount you’re willing to pay on a loan, etc. Trust us, setting a budget before you start shopping will save you in the end. (Just don’t forget to factor in all those additional costs — like tax, registration, title, insurance, and any other assorted fees.)
- Do your research. It can be tempting to see a car you love, and instantly want to purchase that car, and that car only. But, this is a mistake. Why? Because all too often, when you buy the first car you see, you end up with a car that isn’t well-suited to your needs. Take it from the experts here at PAACO: this is an all-too common mistake, that we’ve seen time and time again. It’s important to do your research before you even begin the car-buying process. Why not make a list of everything that you want/need in a new vehicle? For most of us, there are at least one or two “must-haves” when it comes to purchasing a car. Figure out what you can’t live without, and don’t settle for anything less. For instance, if you have a big family and need a spacious car with good gas mileage, then don’t let yourself be convinced otherwise. Making a list helps, and so does doing proper research — this entails looking up various consumer reviews on each vehicle that catches your eye. Remember that buying a car on a whim is uber-risky, and will not pay off in the long run. By thoroughly researching everything from the make and model of cars, to their consumer reviews, you’ll be able to buy a car that you truly love — and one that is the #1 best fit for you.
- Now, narrow it down. Once you’ve established your budget and done your research, now it’s time to narrow down the hunt! Check local inventory listings to see what’s available in your area, and make a list of 3-5 cars that you’re interested in purchasing.
- Shop, shop around. Here’s a good rule of thumb, when you’re preparing to buy a car: always make sure that you walk out of at least one dealership. That’s right! Shopping around is important, because it guarantees that you’ll find the best car possible for your needs and wants.
- Test drive, test, drive, test drive. We can’t say it enough! Once you’ve established your budget and narrowed down your list of carefully researched cars, it’s time to make appointments for a test drive. And, don’t be afraid to take your time with a test drive, either. You shouldn’t hesitate to ask for more time, to fiddle around with all the car’s features, or to ask to be able to take the car out on the highway. After all, this is the only way that you’re guaranteed to figure out if you’re comfortable with the car — or not.
- Learn how to negotiate. If you’ve never taken the time to learn some solid negotiating strategies, now’s the time to do so! For instance, you should be prepared to say no to any superfluous extras you may be offered (it’s gonna happen!), and you should also have in mind a fair price for your chosen vehicle (as per market research). Brush up on general negotiation tactics, and be prepared to have to use them. After all, a salesperson does not necessarily have your best interests at heart, and he or she will certainly be expecting to negotiate. In addition, once you’re presented with a contract, you should read over all the details as carefully as possible — now’s not the time to gloss things over. This is important if you want to make sure to avoid any unnecessary dealer feels.
Contact the PAACO Team Today
Do you have further questions about how to get a good deal on your next used vehicle? It’s time to give PAACO a call! Here at PAACO, we’re happy to provide personalized assistance, if you’re feeling overwhelmed with the car-buying process. In fact, for over 24 years, PAACO has been helping good people get the transportation they need and deserve. Because, here’s the thing: regardless of past credit challenges and financial transgressions, we at PAACO feel that our customers deserve respect. In fact, our primary goal is to provide people with a superior customer service experience, and give them the royal treatment they deserve.
Providing excellent, top-notch customer service and support has always been our highest priority – after all, our customers are the reason we’re in business. Our team of Account Managers is dedicated to helping each of our customers achieve their dreams of vehicle ownership! We also have an excellent service department, staffed with knowledgeable and qualified experts to help facilitate any mechanical concerns you may have throughout the course of your contract.
Our inventory selection is better than ever – we have over 900 vehicles to choose from! Every vehicle we sell undergoes a rigorous 70-point inspection by one of our 10 certified mechanics; PAACO vehicles also go through a third-party inspection, to ensure that we are giving our customers a quality vehicle. We back all our vehicles with a FREE 6 month, 6000-mile warranty (whichever comes first, based on sale date).
Have you have been turned down by a car dealership? Stop by any one of our 11 dealerships – PAACO has been helping customers finance high-quality used cars for over 24 years! Call us today at 877-810-4555. We’re always happy to offer our assistance, and we look forward to speaking with you.