How to Find The Most Affordable Used Cars
Are you in the market for a new (used!) car? If so, you’re probably wondering how to get the best deal possible. And, you’re not alone! Every year, millions of Americans are on the hunt for the most affordable deals when it comes to used cars.
There are tons of choices out there, which can make the whole car-buying process feel pretty overwhelming. But, don’t stress! The PAACO team has you covered. Here, we’ve listed some tips for how to find the most affordable used cars around. Read on!
1) Figure out your budget. Before you even begin shopping around, it’s important to nail down your budget. What are you will to spend on your new car? What is your exact pricing threshold? Asking yourself these questions beforehand can help you stick to your budget, which is super important. You certainly don’t want to put yourself in a position where you may go over budget!
2) Then, set your expectations accordingly. Once you’ve established your budget, it’s time to set your expectations. What do we mean by this, exactly? Well, if you’re operating on a limited budget (as many of us are!), then you shouldn’t expect to drive away in a Rolls-Royce. Always be sure to tailor your ideal list of cars according to your budget.
3) Know where to look. Sometimes, a simple Google search works best. Other times, Craigslist and AutoTrader.com are both reliable sites. Here at PAACO, we have a comprehensive online inventory of thousands of high-quality used vehicles. Knowing where to look for your next vehicle is important — this will help save you time and money in the long run. Always do your research ahead of time; this will help you find the best deals around!
4) Repeat after us: ALWAYS check the vehicle history report. Unless you’re purchasing your car from your best friend (and maybe even then!), you should always take the time to get a vehicle history report. This way you can sleep easy at night knowing that the car you’re about to spend money on doesn’t have any fatal flaws. A vehicle history report can reveal a lot of crucial information about your car — information that is essential to know, in the car-buying process.
5) Always test-drive your car. It may sound silly now, but trust us on this one. Test driving your car is important! You may think to yourself, Of course I’ll test-drive a car I’m about to buy! But, here’s the thing: sometimes, when you’ve looked at several similar cars in a row, you may be tempted to just buy the car without taking it for a spin. But, even if the car you’re about to purchase is identical to the one you just took for a test-drive, you STILL need to test-drive your chosen vehicle. It’s important to get a feel for the car you’re about to buy! In addition to checking out all the technical details (tires, brakes, air conditioning, etc.), you want to feel comfortable and safe in your new vehicle. And, there’s no better way to know how safe and comfortable you’ll be unless you drive your car before buying it!
6) Have your new car inspected. Yes, it may seem like a pain, but getting your car inspected could save you valuable time and money. Have your car inspected before you purchase it. Trust us, you’ll feel much better about plunking down thousands of dollars once a mechanic has looked at your car. And, an inspection should only cost you between $50 to $100, max. There are no excuses! Now (before you buy the car) is the time to be thorough — not after you’ve driven off the lot in a dud.
7) It’s all about negotiating. No, negotiating is not always the most comfortable thing to do. But, if you’re purchasing a new vehicle, you’ll need to brush up on your negotiating skills! First, you should always decide ahead of time how much you’re willing to spend on your car. (This is where budgeting comes in!) Then, make an opening offer that is lower than your maximum desired price. This way, you’ll be more likely to arrive at a price that is workable for you. Don’t be worried! Negotiating doesn’t have to be stressful or unpleasant, as long as you have a solid plan in place — and stay firm in your dealings.
Contact the PAACO Team Today
Do you have further questions about how to find the most affordable used cars? It’s time to give PAACO a call! We’re happy to provide personalized assistance, if you’re feeling overwhelmed with the car-buying process. In fact, for over 24 years, PAACO has been helping good people get the transportation they need and deserve. Because, here’s the thing: regardless of past credit challenges and financial transgressions, we at PAACO feel that our customers deserve respect. In fact, our primary goal is to provide people with a superior customer service experience, and give them the royal treatment they deserve. Our inventory selection is better than ever – we have over 900 vehicles to choose from! Every vehicle we sell undergoes a rigorous 70-point inspection by one of our 10 certified mechanics; PAACO vehicles also go through a third-party inspection, to ensure that we are giving our customers a quality vehicle. We back all our vehicles with a FREE 6 month, 6000-mile warranty (whichever comes first, based on sale date).
Providing excellent, top-notch customer service and support has always been our highest priority – after all, our customers are the reason we’re in business. Our team of Account Managers is dedicated to helping each of our customers achieve their dreams of vehicle ownership! We also have an excellent service department, staffed with knowledgeable and qualified experts to help facilitate any mechanical concerns you may have throughout the course of your contract. Have you have been turned down by a car dealership? Stop by any one of our 11 dealerships – PAACO has been helping customers finance high-quality used cars for over 24 years! Call us today at 877-810-4555. We’re always happy to offer our assistance, and we look forward to speaking with you.