Quick Tips for Finding High-Quality, One-of-a-Kind Used Cars
Are you searching for the best-quality used car of your dreams? Don’t worry – it’s out there. But, everyone’s dream car is different. Here, we’ve listed some general tips for finding the highest quality used cars possible.
But, first! Just in case you were on the fence about purchasing a used car as opposed to new, we’re here to tell you: buying used simply makes more financial sense. In fact, if your #1 goal is to save money when buying a vehicle, a used car is the way to go!
Here are just a few reasons why purchasing a used car makes more financial sense than buying new:
- Favorable financing rates.
- Minimize depreciation of your vehicle. Most new cars typically depreciate by 30% during the first year of ownership! So, why not avoid that depreciation by purchasing a used vehicle, instead?
- One word: sustainability. Purely from a sustainability point of view, it makes more sense to purchase a used car that gets good fuel, over a new car!
- Reduce your overall insurance costs. The value of a used car is likely less than a new car – rendering insurance more affordable.
- Avoid a potential sales tax. Many states have implemented a mandatory sales tax for new cars. When you purchase a used car, you’ll avoid this pesky sales tax!
Here are your tried-and-true tips for finding high quality, truly one-of-a-kind cars:
- Determine what you want. First thing’s first: before you even begin looking at used cars, you should take some time to determine what it is that you really want (and need!) from a used car. How much can you afford to pay? (Creating a budget is key.) Who will be the primary user of the vehicle? Do you need something small or roomy? Asking yourself these questions, and more, will help you narrow down your hunt for the perfect used car.
- Do your research. Doing your research before you head to the dealership is key, when it comes to purchasing high-quality used cars. We know, and we get it: it can be mighty tempting to see a car you love, and instantly want to purchase that car, and that car only. But, love at first sight simply isn’t a thing when it comes to buy a new (used) car. Because all too often, when you buy the first car you see, you end up with a car that isn’t well-suited to your needs. Take it from the experts here at PAACO: this is an all-too common mistake, that we’ve seen time and time again. It’s important to do your research before you even begin the car-buying process, so that you’re not tempted to splurge on the first car that you see. Why not make a list of everything that you want/need in a new vehicle? For most of us, there are at least one or two “must-haves” when it comes to purchasing a car. Figure out what you can’t live without, and don’t settle for anything less. For instance, if you have a big family and need a spacious car with good gas mileage, then don’t let yourself be convinced otherwise. Making a list helps, and so does doing proper research — this entails looking up various consumer reviews on each vehicle that catches your eye. Remember that buying a car on a whim is uber-risky, and will not pay off in the long run. By thoroughly researching everything from the make and model of cars, to their consumer reviews, you’ll be able to buy a car that you truly love — and one that is the #1 best fit for you.
- Narrow down your options. Once you’ve done your research, now is the time to narrow down the hunt! Check local inventory listings to see what’s available in your area, and make a list of 3-5 cars that you’re interested in purchasing.
- Don’t forget to take a test drive. We can’t say it enough! Once you’ve established your budget and narrowed down your list of carefully researched cars, it’s time to make appointments for a test drive. And, don’t be afraid to take your time with a test drive, either. You shouldn’t hesitate to ask for more time, to fiddle around with all the car’s features, or to ask to be able to take the car out on the highway. After all, this is the
Contact the PAACO Team Today
Do you have further questions about how to get a good deal on your next used vehicle? It’s time to give PAACO a call! Here at PAACO, we’re happy to provide personalized assistance, if you’re feeling overwhelmed with the car-buying process. In fact, for over 24 years, PAACO has been helping good people get the transportation they need and deserve. Because, here’s the thing: regardless of past credit challenges and financial transgressions, we at PAACO feel that our customers deserve respect. In fact, our primary goal is to provide people with a superior customer service experience, and give them the royal treatment they deserve.
Providing excellent, top-notch customer service and support has always been our highest priority – after all, our customers are the reason we’re in business. Our team of Account Managers is dedicated to helping each of our customers achieve their dreams of vehicle ownership! We also have an excellent service department, staffed with knowledgeable and qualified experts to help facilitate any mechanical concerns you may have throughout the course of your contract.
Our inventory selection is better than ever – we have over 900 vehicles to choose from! Every vehicle we sell undergoes a rigorous 70-point inspection by one of our 10 certified mechanics; PAACO vehicles also go through a third-party inspection, to ensure that we are giving our customers a quality vehicle. We back all our vehicles with a FREE 6 month, 6000-mile warranty (whichever comes first, based on sale date).
Have you have been turned down by a car dealership? Stop by any one of our 11 dealerships – PAACO has been helping customers finance high-quality used cars for over 24 years! Call us today at 877-810-4555. We’re always happy to offer our assistance, and we look forward to speaking with you.