The 10 Most Popular Models of Used Cars
When you picture a used car, what comes to mind? Are you picturing a clunky, rusted-out piece of junk? While this mental image may ring true in some cases, here’s the thing: most used cars, when from a reputable dealership, aren’t junk. They’re cars that look like new, are maybe just a couple years old, and run just as smoothly as new vehicles.
And, there are certainly a wide variety of used cars on the market today.
Used cars are everywhere, as more and more consumers are opting to forego new vehicles – and, instead, are choosing to reap the benefits of buying old. Because, the truth is, there are so many benefits when it comes to buying used cars vs. new vehicles.
Here are just some of the advantages to purchasing a used vehicle, over a new one:
- Better price.
- Lower insurance costs.
- Favorable financing rates.
- Minimized depreciation of your vehicle.
- Used cars are more sustainable.
- No sales tax.
- Likely no attached car fees.
- More variety, models, and styles to choose from.
After reviewing the benefits associated with used cars, are you ready to start contemplating purchasing one? Great choice! Once you’re ready to begin your search, it’s important to know what the most popular used car models on the market are – this way, you can be sure that you’re buying a trusty brand!
Currently, here are the top 10 most popular used car models on the market (in no specific order):
- Toyota Camry
- Nissan Altima
- Ford Escape
- Toyota Corolla
- Chevrolet Malibu
- Chevrolet Impala
- BMW 3 Series
- Ford F-150
- Honda Civic
- Honda Accord
And, finally, it’s important to know how to shop for a used vehicle. DON’T simply go to a dealership and purchase the first car you see, that you like. Knowing the ins and out of the used car buying process is essential, if you want to ensure that you get a great deal and walk away with the car of your dreams. Here at PAACO, we’re tried-and-true experts when it comes to selling & buying used cars. Here, we’ve come up with a mini-list of DOs and DON’Ts as they pertain to the used car buying process. Follow the items on this list, and you’ll be all set!
- DO online research. Do not stop at a dealership without having done any research on the kind of car you might like. This is a great way to feel easily overwhelmed – tons of car types are out there, so it’s important to do some preliminary online research beforehand.
- DO get the best vehicle for your specific needs. It’s important to make sure that you get the right used car, for you. Here’s our pro tip: make a list of all the things that you’d like your car to have. Are there special features that are important to you? Do you need a significant amount of space, to cart around family members? Would you like your car to get decent gas mileage? All these factors, and more, are important to consider. Don’t just buy a car because it looks good? Buy it because it makes sense for you, and your lifestyle.
- DON’T buy the first car you see. Do some looking around before you settle on a vehicle!
- DO know when and where the deals are. Every dealership offers special deals, depending on the season. For instance, if you can wait until the end of the year to purchase your new vehicle, this is a fantastic time to get a great deal, because most dealers will be itching to get their older models off the floor.
- DO take a test drive. Hopefully this goes without saying, but never walk away with a brand-new car without taking it for a spin around the block first! It’s important to see how the vehicles operates, when on the road.
- DON’T overspend. What’s the best way to keep from overspending on your used vehicle? One word: budgeting! Creating a budget is important – before you even begin searching for a car, take the time to sit down and craft a budget. Think about how much you can spend, what you’d like to spend, and what your threshold is. Then, make a firm commitment to stick to that number!
- DO know how to negotiate. If you really feel there’s a reason you should be getting a better deal on a car, make this clear. For instance, if you’ll be purchasing another car in the future with the dealership, use that bit of info to your advantage when negotiating.
Contact the Experts at PAACO!
Did you know? For over 24 years, PAACO has been helping good people get the transportation they need and deserve. Regardless of past credit challenges and financial transgressions, we at PAACO feel that our customers deserve respect. In fact, our primary goal is to provide people with a superior customer service experience, and give them the royal treatment they deserve. Our inventory selection is better than ever – we have over 900 vehicles to choose from! Every vehicle we sell undergoes a rigorous 70-point inspection by one of our 10 certified mechanics; PAACO vehicles also go through a third-party inspection, to ensure that we are giving our customers a quality vehicle. We back all our vehicles with a FREE 6 month, 6000-mile warranty (whichever comes first, based on sale date).
Providing excellent customer service has always been our highest priority – after all, our customers are the reason we’re in business. Our team of Account Managers is dedicated to helping each of our customers achieve their dreams of vehicle ownership! We also have an excellent service department, staffed with knowledgeable and qualified experts to help facilitate any mechanical concerns you may have throughout the course of your contract. Have you have been turned down by a car dealership? Stop by any one of our 11 dealerships – PAACO has been helping customers finance high-quality used cars for over 24 years! Call us today at 877-810-4555. We’re always happy to offer our assistance!